What's new

Is this ceramic coating really worth the "price" of admission? or stick with standard waxing in routine intervals?

soccer10cu

Reaction score
Curious what others thoughts are in the industry if ceramic coating is worth it? I've always stuck with standard waxing in routine intervals (Spring / Fall) and have had success keeping the M3 in presentable shape.

Armadillo auto spa

Reaction score
The short answer is yes it’s worth it. Wax in my experience only lasts a month or two. And it is very time consuming to apply. A paint correction and a coating might take a day to apply correctly for a diyer but many of them last several years and are much easier to maintain than something like a wax. Even if you don’t decide to go the coating route I would look into a good spray sealant. Wax is kind of old technology. It has some properties that are well suited for a classic show car but for 95% of cars a sealant gets better results and is much easier to apply.

Buda

Reaction score
Yes it’s worth it! Gives a better shine and longer lasting protection. At least a year, or more. No one has provide any independently and scientifically tested proof of how long any product lasts. But longer than a wax (30 days) or a paint sealant (6 months to a year ( (when reapplied after 6 months). The finish should be as perfect and flawless as you can get it before applying.