What's new

My Review - Gliptone Graphene Black Trim Restoration Coating

Reaction score
Hi all, When I was that the car wash convention in Atlantic City a few months ago I was able to talk with a few Gliptone reps and explained to them that I was a detailer interested in their products. They kindly gave me a sample bottle of their "Graphene Black" Trim Restoration Coating to take home and try. Well, I did and here is my honest review (Please note that I am not affiliated with Gliptone and this is my first experience with this product of theirs).

The Vehicle I tested it on: My 2018 Nissan Frontier - I use it for a lot especially my search and rescue team so it sees a lot of demanding conditions.

I applied the coating to 2 areas. First was the mud flare and the 2nd was the cover by the wipers. I chose these areas because the flare gets dirty constantly and the cover for the wipers gets lots of sun and fading.

I drove the truck for over 400 miles, 4 car washings and 4 hand washes.

Here is my opinion.

I loved how simple it was to apply but it was more liquid than most trim restorers, (last picture is the product on a clear mason jar bottom). It kept the trim looking good with just a little fading on the trim by the wipers. It held up nicely to the constant mud, dust and other road grime on the mud flare.

I would recommend this product to other professionals with my rating of a 4 out of 5. No trim product is ever perfect, but this comes close simply because of the longevity on the surface through harsh conditions and multiple washings and the ease of application.

My only real issue was how watery the product is. While I did apply it onto an applicator pad it soaked into the pad quickly, but I didn't need to keep refilling the sponge. In my humble opinion it could be just a little thicker.

I am definitely going to be contacting Gliptone for more information and to find out more on their other products.

glip4.jpg glip1.jpg glip3.jpg glip2.jpg glip5.jpg glip6.jpg